Hello Happy Bosses!
Small Business Month is here!
In October, many local organizations (think Chambers of Commerce, Boards of Trade…) offer a great variety of events focused on helping you run a successful Small Business. These seminars, forums and celebrity speaker tours cultivate, celebrate and recognize small business owners for their hard work & and accomplishments– participating in these events is a great way to network with other motivated business owners.
And, at over 1 million small businesses and growing, it’s important for owners to take a step back and understand the contribution they add to Canada’s well-being.
Your passion for what you do drives the economy – 98% of Canada’s businesses have fewer than 100 employees! (this does not include businesses without at least one person on payroll)
Here are some other stats to go with your daily dose of caffeine:
- Small businesses employ about 7.7 million people, or 70% of the private workforce
- Small businesses have created more than 100,000 jobs between 2002 – 2012…that’s 78% of all private jobs created
- In 2011, small businesses were responsible for 23% of Canada’s total value of exports (at a whopping $87 billion!), despite only about 10% of small and medium-sized businesses exporting goods
- As of 2011, 14% of small businesses were owned solely by females, with another 18% owned in equal partnerships between male and female owners
- Close to half of all small business owners are between 50 and 64 years old
WOW!!! Give yourselves a much-deserved pat on the back, you’ve earned it.
So, in honor of Small Business Month, show your support for other small business owners. Join your local Chamber or Board of Trade, the CFIB, and your relevant industry associations
GO OUT….GET INVOLVED….START NETWORKING….
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!
[stats found at Industry Canada Government site here]